Tuesday 3 May 2016

Kissed By The Devil

Your skin on mine.
It's the most beautiful thing I've seen in my life.
It was true, it was real, I know that much.
So how could you?
When we love each other deeply.
Or is this not love?
Are you the devil with an angel face?
How could you hurt me like that, say those things,
put your hands on me?
My wounds are now visible to the world.
The scars will never heal.
I've been kissed by the devil who fed me poison
and lived off my devotion.
You pierced my soul with your dagger of anger.
You shot me multiple times with your hurtful words.
Each word, one bullet.
I wish I was able to not remember, but I relive what you did
to me, how you treated me every day.

Wasn't I the only one who cared about the real you and what's inside?
I just wanted to love you.
Well maybe you're right, love isn't enough.
Love can't be enough in a cold world full of hate and betrayal.
I was always there though. I never left like all the others, but
all goes unnoticed, unappreciated. Same script, different cast.
The difference this time?
I know my worth. No, I'm not perfect. I may not be the smartest,
the fastest, the most confident, hard or the toughest, but my heart is pure.
I can love. I don't hate, I don't judge. I accept, I embrace, not reject.
This is who I am.

You asked me a long time ago if you deserve me or not.
My answer to that now is: NO, you don't.
We built castles in the sky and you destroyed our kingdom.
You kicked down all the doors, smashed every window.
I pick up the shards as they slice my skin and cut deeper and deeper.
I see our reflection, but it looks nothing like us.

I love you so fucking much. I do.
I want to believe we'll make it out alive, unharmed, but the truth is
you lost my trust. You killed us, you finished us,
but now we can rest in peace side by side, knowing that we tried.
We've been to hell and back, so maybe in heaven I'll be yours and you'll
be mine..

No comments:

Post a Comment